This weekend is the harvest party for our CSA, which includes the chance to pet a chicken, and sadly, I won’t be here. But it was marvelous last year, very much a treat to walk through the rows of plants where our food has grown all summer. I’ll be out of town this weekend, which means that I have to plan carefully.
This week’s basket contains lettuce, parsley, chard, potatoes, scallions, zucchini, summer squash, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes, peppers, hot peppers, cucumber, and green beans.
- Frittata with zucchini, potatoes, and smoked salmon
- Minestrone soup with green beans, zucchini, tomatoes, and swiss chard
- Salade nicoise
- Shred and freeze the rest of the zucchini
- Slow roast the remaining tomatoes
- Blanch and freeze any remaining swiss chard