This week’s basket contains:
Carrots, basil, tomatoes, salad mix, summer squash, onions, cherry tomatoes, and the biggest cucumber I’ve ever seen.
This thing is massive! It was literally the length of the diameter of my half-bushel basket! Insanity.
- Tomato-basil linguine with tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, and goat cheese (known in my house as LA Spaghetti, from a recipe from the LA Times when my family lived there in 1988 while my dad was on sabbatical at UCLA)
- Carrot soup (using the greens and the roots), with roasted sausage (served separately, not in the soup), and cucumber sandwiches
- Stuffed green peppers (not sure what I’ll stuff them with yet, maybe something with quinoa?)
- Pasta with pesto, zucchini and ricotta
- Tea-smoked salmon (have you seen the newest issue of Fine Cooking? This looks and sounds to die for!) with cucumber relish