Project: Folding Screen

We went yard-sailing (pun intended) back in May, and found these marvelous solid wood closet doors for $4. They had louvered doors, and were in perfect shape.  I knew immediately what we would do with them – it just took us six months to get around to it. 

Greg took his circular saw and cut out the wood slats in each panel. We painted the whole thing white, but with only one coat, since I didn’t want it to look too perfect. We cut fabric to fit in the panels, and sewed it over narrow dowel rods, which we then wedged in place where the slats used to be.  We added a hinge, then switched the knobs to the other side (why? because we had put the fabric panels in backwards, which was brilliant of us). The result:

dscn0439I’m so thrilled with how it came out, more elegant and classy than I could have imagined. (Now we just have to move the pictures that are hanging behind it, since they’re obviously hidden now.)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Project: Folding Screen

  1. Ursula G says:

    This is very pretty! I think it turned out wonderful. 🙂

  2. wellmet says:

    Thank you!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s